6th Annual ‘jeep jaunt’ October 23rd
After our Mom died in 2004 from an asthma attack, my family and I created the non-profit organization AJRF so that we could start a fundraiser to donate money to the American Lung Association. The Inaugural 'jeep jaunt' turned out to be a huge success, raising $31,000 !!
The 6th Annual 'jeep jaunt' will take place on October 23rd, with registration beginning at 7:30 at Celebrity Theatres on Highway 90 in Broussard. All proceeds benefit the American Lung Association!
This video was created after the 3rd Annual 'jeep jaunt', with the intentions of having it sent to any potential donors. After my family viewed the video, they encouraged me to send it to ANYONE even remotely affiliated with the 'jaunt'. It's only 5 minutes long, so take a look, okay?
The event is open to everyone; registration is $20 per person in advance (postmarked by October 14th), and $25 the day of the event (children 6 and under get in FREE). With your registration, you will be eligible for door prizes, a free lunch and a you'll get a great feeling knowing that you are helping the American Lung Association!
Question and Answer Time!
The most common questions I've received about the 'jeep jaunt' are:
- Q: Are kids allowed? A: YES!! The ride ends at Cypress Bayou Casino/Shorty's, and they will have the Pavilion set up for us (it is a non-gaming area, so our event is all-ages!)
- Q: I don't have a JEEP or a 4x4, can I still participate? A: YES!! You can register for the event, join us at the registration site (for door prizes, music, etc) and when the ride departs, you can make your own route to Cypress Bayou Casino/Shorty's! Once you arrive there, since you are registered, you will have access to the Pavilion, door prizes, meal, etc!
- Q: We know that you are an animal lover, are pets allowed? A: I am an animal lover! In the past, participants have had their 4-legged friends tag along for the ride, but now that we have moved the event into the air-conditioned pavilion, pets are not allowed.
- Q: How else can we help, other than registering for the event? A: Great question!! There are several ways you can help:
- Spread the word. Click this for the 'jeep jaunt' page on Facebook and "Share" it on your wall. Tell all your friends and family to do the same. When you run into any other Jeepers or 4x4 owners on the street, invite them to the 'jaunt' and direct them to the website. If you have a business with heavy foot traffic, call me to get a poster and flyers to put up in your lobby.
- Donate. If you own any type of "service industry" business, print up some gift certificates for food, goods or services that your company produces/provides, and donate as door prizes! We'll take most anything and put it into the hands of a future customer!
- Shop! When the ride arrives at Cypress Bayou Casino/Shorty's, we will be holding an auction (which, frequently, is THE MOST fun part of the event!). Buy something at the auction! The auction makes up a large part of the final amount that we are able to donate to the American Lung Association, so taking part in it helps us in a BIG way!
The ride will depart Celebrity Theatres around 10am and take Highway 182 through New Iberia. We'll take a left on Emile Verret Road (HWY 3195). We then turn right on the Old Jeanerette Road (HWY 87). We'll wind our way along the Bayou Teche, turning right onto the Sorrell Bridge (HWY 670), then left back onto HWY 182 to Ralph Darden Memorial Parkway, and on to Cypress Bayou Casino/Shorty's.
Once we arrive at Cypress Bayou Casino/Shorty's, lunch will be served! We'll have music and door prizes while you eat/mingle, then the fun starts with the auction.
The event will end at 2pm.
Now, class, are there any more questions?? I've got a JEEP-load of answers! Feel free to call me at any time to discuss everything 'jeep jaunt'! 337-849-8928
John "JayCee" Falcon, President, AJRF