Debbie Ray & I have been friends for longer than either of us cares to tell you. She lived across the street from my sister in a previous millennium. Debbie grew up in New Orleans. She comes from a good family & was a “Good Girl.” This brings us to the first item on our list of ‘Ten Things You Don’t Know About Debbie Ray’.
- She played the Virgin Mary in school plays – twice.
- She sang in her school choir and played the guitar at mass.
- Debbie’s team placed third in the Louisiana Open Pro-Am (The team included Larry Aillet)
- She’s an avid sports fan, and even once deflected a hockey puck at a Louisiana IceGators game.
- She broke an arm twice and foot once. Details are scarce…
- Debbie once held the ‘definitive summer job’, lifeguard and lifesaving instructor.
- She got free housing in college as a counselor and was House Director in the womens dorms at USL. I wonder how many people got written up…
- Debbie was selected as a ‘Woman of Excellence’ by the Lafayette Commission on the Needs of Women.
We sometimes tease Debbie for being a “Goody Two Shoes” while growing up. There’s an inside joke that she was the little girl who rode a pink bicycle with streamers, a bell & a basket mounted on the handlebars. The truth is…
- She once had a pink banana bike with a basket and streamers. Her current bike has a basket, but no bell.
We also tease Debbie that her stove has never been used. She’s not fond of cooking, which I’m a little concerned about…….
- She knows how to use a pressure cooker!